Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Five Are Back Together Again...Never Break The Chain!

You read correctly, my favorite band EVER is back together again with the classic lineup!  Christine McVie will be finding a house-sitter to tend to her gardens and cats while she rejoins Fleetwood Mac this year.

                                        via

Happy New Year alright, how phenomenal is this?!  Fleetwood Mac back on tour in 2014? 

I've already told Sis --- if Fleetwood Mac does a concert somewhere even remotely near here, WE ARE GOING!!  (like she has a choice in the matter!)

So cool.

                                        via

Favorite Christine McVie song?  Such a tough choice as she wrote most of the hits, but I would have to say a tie between Little Lies (this remix version is my fav) and Rumours favorite Oh Daddy.  If she performed either of these songs in concert again......just wow.  That would be epic.

And you? 


p.s.  Thanks to everyone for your holiday and New Year's wishes!  I hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday, mine was great and here's to a fantastic 2014!



15 comments:

  1. well i always say the even years are when the magic happens (while the odd years are just there to make us appreciate the better times)…so it sounds like your year is off to a fabulous start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes pretty fabulous news, I just love Stevie, I have all of her songs on a playlist and it's my go to when I'm on my own and having a party for one - turned up to eleven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love Stevie and her music. I have all of her albums and FM albums -- all of her songs are great but I think I love her 'non-hits' more than the hits!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! Will have to start stalking the dates! The women were the real draws to that band IMO. My favourite would be Songbird. Oh but I do love that rocker Stevie! Let me know as soon as they go on sale will you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely will, you can bet on that! I am sure the tour will be sold out once they announce dates.

      Delete
  4. This looks like a promising concert. I will check it out and see if they are in my areas

    Thanks for pointing this out

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! Who knows, maybe Regina will be added to the itinerary too :)

      Delete
  5. That makes a happy start to a new year! I hope you get to see them in concert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is incredible, I love the Oh Daddy one. She has such a great great look. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, SUCH a good song. There's some good live versions on Youtube too.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is exciting news indeed! "Tango in the Night" is a favourite album of mine. I saw an interview with Mick Fleetwood on Top Gear last year - it was pretty interesting to hear how the tensions within the band seemed to fuel their creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that album too (and the remix/extended mixes of Little Lies, Seven Wonders, Everywhere and Family Man). I agree about the tensions -- that's it with the 5 of them, so dysfunctional, but it fueled their best work. Go figure!

      Delete
  8. So absorbing i adulation this blog so thanks.

    Wholesale gold chains

    ReplyDelete